Tuesday, September 30, 2008

God doesn't waste...

This past Sunday, we had a special Sunday at Gracepoint Fellowship Church as we had a Baptism Service and our Open House, which highlighted the different ministries at our church.  I think the Baptism service was my favorite part and I think I always tear up as I hear the testimonies of the people and hearing how each person has come from such a different place and yet we find ourselves so similar.  Despite our pasts and history, we have a common theme in our lives; we're disconnected from our Maker in Heaven - God.  And our sin has separated us and has often led us down very dark roads - pursuing the wrong things in our life instead of God like partying, drugs, alcohol, romance, and other addictions.  But again, I love that part when each person comes to his/her senses and realizes, just like the prodigal son, that they have been living apart from God and what they were pursuing didn't and couldn't satisfy but only God could.  They find what's always been missing. 


Hearing Mike Kim's testimony also reminded me that God doesn't waste anything in our lives.  He explained how during one of the Brothers' sharing time in which he heard Jesse Kim (one of the staff interns in our homegroup) share his testimony and struggles really hit him.  After hearing the testimony he talked to Jesse for hours and Jesse got to really share his struggles and battles with sin and his own future as well.  I know that for Jesse he had some tough struggles but had it not been for those struggles and growing in his own trust in God he would not have been able to share with others what God has done in his life and ultimately help Mike come to know the gospel.  I really thanked God as I thought about this amazing event.  Even the difficulties and struggles we go through, God can use and He doesn't waste.  That's awesome!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really like testimony sharing. i think people are so self-conscious and nervous about the "video" making and stuff like that, but then their story can make people open up. it's encouraging :) it's also great to see all of my peers getting baptized!

Anonymous said...

yea, it's amazing how we can influence on another like that (like how Jesse's story helped Mike to discover more about himself). I love listening to testimonies! :)