Monday, September 8, 2008

Back on Campus!

Last Friday Pastor Ed from Gracepoint Fellowship Church stepped back on campus to teach Koinonia Bible Studies.  I felt transported back in time and was just like one of the students sitting and listening to the messages.  When I first came to our fellowship I was struck just by how much Pastor Ed could show how the Bible was so relevant to my life and the same is true today as it was then.  As he shared about our culture's need to rush through life (like incessantly pressing the elevator button even though it won't come any faster) and go at a dizzying pace without ever stopping to think and reflect I found myself once again hit by the truth of the Bible and how we are so uneasy with ourselves.  He said that we're so aware of our limited time here but that it ought to cause us to prioritize our lives - to know the essential questions of life like who am i, what is life and what is the purpose for my existence?  These questions never get old and are always relevant. Man, I love hearing the Word of God preached! 

Afterward, Kevan/Jenny and Ellen and I went out with the juniors in Koinonia. We got a chance to slow down and see the beauty of the Golden Gate.

5 comments:

Joe Hwang said...

Yes - being back in VLSB definitely brought back some memories of my freshman and sophomore years. The very fact that I was in that room again reminded me of the passage of time!

Anonymous said...

Hey John, I was there too! And so was Brian Wang. Unless you thought Brian and I were juniors because we look so young. Yeeeeah, maybe that's it...

John said...

oops. that's right! sorry emily and brian. i give you guys a shout out!

Unknown said...

I really liked the view at that place near the Golden Gate...:) too bad we couldn't play any games there though..

Josh Wang said...

It's great to hear Pastor Ed give college bible study after so many years. VLSB has the same feel although it has a new stage and new chairs (although they still bend back to allow the next generation the chance to claim the title of "The Bobber").